Interior Mold Detection and Inspection Services
Whether you can spot it or not, there is a good chance mold is in your house. Mold is a part of nature, but the species of mold that grows in your house or business can determine the extent of the issue. Mold spores migrate through the air, entering structures through openings like windows, doors and HVAC systems. Spores can also be brought into a building on clothing, shoes, and pets. It can be practically impossible for you to eliminate mold entering your residence. You should take action as mold is growing in your home. Having an expert to consult with who will tell you the species of mold present is imperative. Add to that an expert that can orchestrate the optimal way for treatment and perform the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential abatement services for all sorts of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement
With a Paul Davis inspection of your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional that is experienced in this area. The detection and identification of mold is the initial step in what can be an arduous procedure. When it comes to the treatment of mold safely, it is best working with a company that specializes in all aspects of the process. Paul Davis offers mold remediation and removal services as well basic mold testing. Mold can cause damage to your dwelling and major health concerns to your family. Unlike most allergens, mold will adversely affect the health of an individual whether they have allergies or not. Mold spreads through the environment it’s found in, this means the longer it goes without treatment in your residence, the worse its effects are. The experts at Paul Davis can accurately identify the strains of mold growing in your home and effectively handle treating it.
Kinds of Mold
There are 3 basic families of mold:
- Allergenic: These cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health problems in individuals that suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds can produce toxic substances.
With the multitude of molds that can be found in homes, having an expert to diagnosis and inspect the extent of their spread is crucial to eradicating it. A professional with Paul Davis can aid with helping make your house healthy and free from the most insidious molds.
A few common molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly thrives on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It will cause hay-fever like reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm environment mold which grows both outdoors and indoors. Aspergillus can be discovered in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. Aspergillus can also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is often found in carpet, textiles, dust, window frames, showers and soil. This large spore mold deposits in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the highest commonly identified outdoor mold that enters homes. It grows in damp, porous areas such as wood and textiles. Both the indoor and outdoor variety bring about asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being the least rampant household mold is good, as it’s among the more horrible. Stachybotrys needs excessive moisture to grow, and causes breathing problems, flu-like symptoms, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of moisture such as cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. It’s a powdery mold that grows in a selection of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is often found growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It starts out light brown or pink in color then darkens to dark brown-black as it ages. This is a highly responsive allergic mold, inducing skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium is found in residences after a flood or leaking and in chronically moist conditions. It has a dank odor, cottony texture and changes colors from white to grey or brown over time. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system, causing skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium grows in both cold and warm areas and moves rapidly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It reacts adversely with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of thriving and migrating in colder weather, Fusarium is coral or pink colored and is commonly found in a home’s soft goods. A reddish strain is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both strains can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms start out as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes and can progress to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture and is mostly green and white. It does well in moist and consistently damp areas like HVAC systems, fabric and wood. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is mostly found in kitchens and bathrooms. It is one of the black molds and contributes to asthma and respiratory ailments.
Call Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
If you suspect or know there is mold in your house call the team with Paul Davis. Our expert team will provide a detailed inspection and execute the remediation servicing required to remove damaging mold from your property. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.