No House is Immune to Water Damage
Water damage can occur in any home, despite the climate or location. Sewer backups, basement flooding or heavy rainfall can all cause water damages. Water damages can take take a severe toil on you and your family. The professionals from Paul Davis understand. To minimize your home’s water damage, call the professionals as soon as possible. When your local Paul Davis expert comes to your home, they’ll analyze and repair the problem, no matter the size of water damage. However, there are ways to avoid the cost of water damages. It’s important for every homeowner to understand how to protect their property from water damages.
The Causes of Water Damage
How does your home sustain water damage? When extra water accumulates in places where it can cause problems. Paul Davis is always ready to come to your home to analyze water damage. However, you need to know what to look for. If you can stop water damage from occurring altogether, your home will endure for years. Flooding can happen from both outside elements and from inside your home. Because water damage can be caused by so many elements, you must be careful. Do you suspect that your home is experiencing water damage? Look for the following:
- Water pipes or lines that burst or leaked
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Dishwashers or washing machines that overflowed
The Best Ways to Prevent Water Damage
Don’t wait for water damage to happen– take action. To avoid expensive repairs and homeowner’s insurance claims, preventive action is key. Consider the following to avoid water damage:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Contact Paul Davis Today
A seemingly innocent leaky pipe or shower head can easily turn into a bigger problem. While there are steps you can take to stop water damages, sometimes it’s too late. Has this happened to you? Call Paul Davis 888-473-7769. We have over 50 years of water damage repairs under out belt. Let us help you.