How to Lookout for Water Leaks
No matter where you live, your building could receive serious water damage. Basement flooding, sewer backups and storm damage can all generate major damages. The professionals from Paul Davis understand the financial and emotional toll that water damages can take on you and your family. When you contact our professionals, they can decrease the amount of damage your building will undergo. We have a nationwide network of water damage restoration contractors that can inspect and fix the issue.
The Causes of Water Damage
We all have an appliance we need. But a broken appliance can often bring more harm than good. Whether it’s your washing machine, dishwasher, toilet or sink, any of these appliances can flood and cause major problems. If you have an unexpected leak on your hands, don’t worry. Our thoroughly trained water repair technicians can repair any water damage issues. We have experience making repairs from the following:
- Frozen or leaking water lines or pipes
- Overflowing sinks, bathtubs or toilets
- Sewage and septic tank lines that have backed up
- Overflowing washing machines or dishwashers
- Heavy rainfall or storms
- Rivers or streams that have crested
Ways to Avoid Water Damage
The best way to repair water damage is to avoid it altogether. That’s why productive prevention is key to avoiding high-priced repairs and possible homeowner’s insurance claims. Here are a few ways you can prevent water damage:
- If you find any leaks, examine them closely and fix them immediately.
- Avoid pouring grease down your sink, because it significantly damage and block your pipes.
- Check that your water pressure isn’t too high, so it isn’t putting unwanted stress on your hoses or pipes.
- In case of an emergency, know how to turn off your water main. As soon as a pipe leaks or bursts, shut off your water main to stop permanent damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unforeseen spikes in your water bill. You could have a leak on your hands.
- Cleanout your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your gutters and roof.
To prevent water damage, it’s important to be smart. Regularly check your home and appliances. If there’s a leak or other issue on your hands, don’t wait. If it’s only a minor leak, then try to fix it as soon as possible. But if it’s bigger burst, call the qualified professionals from Paul Davis.
Paul Davis’ Water Damage Restoration Services
You shouldn’t waste any time when the worst happens. Paul Davis franchises all offer 24/7 emergency services. This allows them to fix any water damages as soon as possible. Here are the water damage services that we offer:
- Assessing water damage
- Water extraction
- Drying affected areas
- Cleaning and restoring possessions
- Mold and mildew damage remediation
- Locating and repair the source the leak
- Reconstruction services and storm damage repair
- Helping with filling insurance claims
Rely on Paul Davis for Your Water Damage Restoration Needs
Your home can undergo serious damages from a burst or leaking pipe. Call Paul! at 888-473-7769 if you’re in need of water damage repair services. Our professionals will get you in touch with an expert in your area. With 50 years of water repairs under our belt, Paul Davis knows how to handle whatever water emergency you have for us.