Repairing Smoke Damage
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a building. However, there are many elements of fire, including smoke and soot, that are just as destructive. The smell of smoke can overwhelm your home and possessions and smoke soot can seriously damage walls that weren’t burned by flames. Fires can have devastating effects on both to your family and your house.
When your precious keepsakes are damaged, it can be devastating. Paul Davis understands. That’s why as specialists in soot and smoke damage, we’re here to help you restore your damaged possessions. At Paul Davis, every one of our franchises provides 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. Contact us immediately, so we we’ll be able to reduce costly fire and smoke damage to your building.
Repairing Smoke Damage
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your house. If you don’t act quickly, closed fireplace flues and smaller kitchen fires can cause discoloration and significant odors. Unless you address the problem immediately, the smell of smoke can seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- Turn off your air conditioning so smoke won’t spread.
- Put large fans by open doors and windows to suck out the smokey air.
- Vacuum up soot and ash by holding the nozzle right above the soot. Pressing down could cause stains.
- Clean hard surfaces.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from ceilings and walls. Meanwhile, use a vinegary spray to get rid of stains.
- Clean any item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize window coverings and carpets.
Paul Davis’ Services
Does your house have smoke damage? Let the experts take care of it. The experts from Paul Davis a variety of fire removal services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
If your house has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to the experts from Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we finish our fire restoration services. Our professionals are specialized in effective smoke repair cleaning methods and using the proper equipment, meaning quicker cleanup and cheaper smoke damage repair expenses. Our goal is to have you return to your everyday schedule as soon as possible. Call the smoke cleanup and smoke damage restoration technicians from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.